Beyonce give me strength ❤
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
An estimated 63 percent of young men between the ages of 11 and 20 who are imprisoned for homicide have killed their mothers’ batterers.
Kimberle Crenshaw, in her article Intersectionality and Identity Politics: Learning from Violence Against Women of Color. (via supreme-shieldmaiden)
when kimberle crenshaw speaks, you fucking listen. this is the incredible black woman who is responsible for creating the term intersectionality.
ya hes cute…….but is he conscientious of the social inequalities and corruption in hierarchies of power that plague this world
I don’t want happy weddings I don’t want companies sticking little rainbows on stuff I don’t want allies flooding the streets at Pride for ‘support’
I want homes and clothes and hormones and medical care and education and legal protection and access to shared history and community and safety and respect for ALL my LGBT+ siblings.
this is so important.
When it rains it pours you know?
college is catered towards the able bodied and able minded. school applauds people who can stay up all night, skip meals, and work endlessly. that kind of extreme contribution is expected. why are disabled people being squeezed out of academic institutions? why should I feel inferior because of some arbitrary and ridiculous standard?
Me right now